The Original Hidden Message Collection is made in matte sterling silver and offered in oxidized sterling silver, 14k yellow gold vermeil, and 14k rose gold plate.
The 14k Gold Mini Hidden Message Collection is made in solid high polished 14k yellow, white, and rose goldThe Hidden Message Slice Collection is available in high polished sterling silver and solid 14k yellow, white, and rose gold.
A precious metal such as 14k gold is inherently soft and can be scratched or bent out of shape is force is applied.
- Avoid wearing your fine jewelry in situations where it may be damaged easily, such as going to the gym.
- Remove items before sleeping and bathing.
- Avoid contact with household chemicals, perfumes and hairsprays.
- When not wearing your jewelry keep it in a safe place. Place in a jewelry box or pouch and separate from other items which may tangle or scratch each other.
Sterling silver will naturally tarnish over time.
Besides items from our 14k Gold Collection and/or declared by us as '14k gold', every item from our Hidden Message Collection is sterling silver at its core, even our yellow gold vermeil and gold plated items are sterling silver beneath the gold surface finish.
Both oxidized silver and 14k gold vermeil pieces have undergone special surface treatments and they must be handled differently than that of regular silver or gold.
- Never use any abrasive methods to clean these pieces, (including jewelry cloths!) as these will remove the surface treatment all together.
- You can clean your jewelry at home with a very soft toothbrush and warm soapy water. Dry with a soft cloth afterwards.
- Chains can be occasionally cleaned with a jewelry dip for gold, platinum or silver, but please avoid using jewelry dip on treated surfaces.
- If you feel your jewelry requires a specialized clean, please take it to a professional or contact us directly at email@example.com
Below are some guidelines to retain the original beauty of your Hidden Message Jewelry :
- Jewelry should be removed prior to showering, swimming, going to the gym, or any other activity that would expose the jewelry to water and moisture.
- Avoid spraying perfume, applying lotion, or wearing cosmetics near where your jewelry is worn as these products can have compounds that strip the surface treatments entirely and/or accelerate the tarnishing process.
Over time and with frequent wear, the surface treatment will wear and take on a patina which some people love, as it gives a unique character to each piece. However any piece can easily and affordably be brought back to its original look by re-doing the surface treatment process. If you are interested in having this process re-done feel free to contact us.
Jewelry should be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. A jewelry box or a jewelry pouch are a great way to keep your items safe and stored away from elements that may cause extra wear and tarnishing.
Vermeil, is a precious metal made of sterling silver with a coating of 14 karat gold. Beth Macri uses 3 microns of 14k gold which is the thickest plating available. Vermeil is very delicate but more durable than gold plated jewelry. Vermeil should be worn with care and taken off before spraying perfume, using lotions, bathing, using harsh chemicals or going into a water, a pool or hot tub.