Sharing a romantic Valentine’s Day celebration with your sweetheart is a wonderful tradition—but we’re all about spreading the love to your closest friends too. That’s why we’re such huge fans of Galentine’s Day, created by our favorite park director (and all-around role model), Leslie Knope of Parks and Recreation. She explains it best on the show: “Every February 13th, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it, breakfast-style. Ladies celebrating ladies. It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas.”
Count us in! If you’re ready to join the party, check out our Galentine’s Day plan —including seven perfect gift ideas for your friends — and enjoy the greatest celebration ever.
The Galentine’s Day Party Plan: Breakfast Potluck
You heard the woman: Frittatas are a must. So are waffles. And we wouldn’t say no to bagels or hash browns either. Why limit yourself? Invite everyone over and ask each of your pals to bring one breakfast food. Then your guests can indulge in any or every breakfast dish they’re craving, in the intimacy of a cozy home—with minimal kitchen prep needed from you. (Important note: A breakfast potluck is perfectly acceptable at any time of day.)
The Party Favors: Jewelry Gifts Your Friends Will Cherish
Sentimental gifts for best friends are a must. It’s up to you whether you give everyone the same present, or design custom jewelry for each gal. Consider what would be most meaningful for your crew and go from there. (This should be fun, so feel free to break traditional jewelry styling rules!) We’ve got seven great gift ideas, just for starters:
- Show them how much you care with our HEART U Necklace—it’s like a modern day version of the old school BFF lockets you wore in elementary school.
- Looking for something a little more subtle? Try the 143 (I LOVE YOU) Necklace, where the numbers stand for the letters in each of those three heartfelt words. Your pal will know what it means, but it’ll be just between you two.
- Use our Initial Pendants to combine both of your initials, or to display a word that reflects your unique friendship.
- Your friend who loves ring bling will adore the timelessly classic HEART Slice Ring.
- For a lifelong gal pal, symbolize your enduring bond with a rose gold AMPERSAND Slice Ring.
- Your BFF is more into yellow gold? She’ll love our Diamond Ring.
Add a splash of color with a vibrant, personalized Birthstone Stacking Ring. Your friend will be reminded of all your memories together every time she slips it on.
The Party Dress Code: Red for American Heart Month
Like we said, we’re all about spreading the love this month. February is American Heart Month, so it’s the perfect time to fundraise for or donate to an organization that supports women’s heart health, such as the American Heart Association. Ask your Galentine’s Day pals to wear something red, and to chip in $5 for a group donation to the organization you choose (or donate your own money in their names as a special gift). The shared mission will add to the party bonding vibe and raise awareness about the cause. Bonus: Your red-wearing gal pals will look brilliantly bold all day long.